If you’re enduring chronic discomfort, you’re not by yourself: One in three Americans has chronic pain of some kind, in line with the American Chronic soreness Association.
One buffer to medicine for pain that some customers experience is an inclination for many doctors never to just take reports of discomfort seriously. At Indiana University Health Pain Management, we think your discomfort is genuine and deserves compassionate attention.
There are numerous types of pain, including:
- Permanent pain from damage or surgery
- Back pain
- Hip and leg pain
- Neck discomfort
- Soreness from cancer tumors
Pain can result from injury or a chronic problem, or even the reason behind pain is not clear. Often treatment can alleviate pain by handling the reason with therapy or surgery. In other cases, therapy focuses on lowering pain with medication.
Many people with discomfort do not know the options they've for helping them live much more normal everyday lives. Our pain specialists supply a wide variety of treatments that may lower your discomfort and increase lifestyle.
Remedies feature but they are not limited to:
Select a Pain control condition below to get into information from our overall health Library plus exactly how IU Health might help.
Extra treatment options can include:
- Epidural steroid injections for as well as neck syndromes
- Aspect joint injections and radiofrequency denervation associated with the cervical, thoracic and lumbar back
- Better occipital neurological blocks for frustration treatment
- Joint shot treatment
- Lumbar discography
- Nerve blocks, including occipital and trigeminal, intercostal blocks, inguinal obstructs, horizontal femoral cutaneous nerve obstructs and cervical plexus blocks
- Real and occupational treatments including massage and aquatic treatment
- One-on-one counseling with a pain administration specialist
- Sympathetic blocks including stellate ganglia, lumbar sympathetic, celiac plexus and hypogastric plexus obstructs
- Stellate ganglion nerve blocks for reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and/or complex local pain syndrome (CRPS) of top extremity
- Trigger point shots
- Viscosupplementation (Synvisc and Supartz) for joint disease associated with the leg
Assure accurate keeping of treatments, we perform many injection treatments making use of X-ray assistance.
We’re on your staff
We think that treatment solutions are best with regards to’s a collaboration among all the individuals taking part in dealing with your discomfort. Your IU wellness soreness control team can sometimes include:
- Physiatry (doctor devoted to actual medicine and rehabilitation)
- Real or work-related therapy
- Your regular medical practitioner
Teamwork includes you, too! We require your feedback to direct your treatment effectively.
We’re building for the future
Through residency and fellowship programs at Indiana University class of drug, IU Health Pain Management is teaching brand-new health practitioners in diagnosis and treatment of persistent and acute agony. We’re in addition engaged in analysis that will develop efficient brand new remedies for reducing and managing pain.See also: