Business and Technology Education Council

March 17, 2014
Education) BTEC ( Business

The storyline of Pearson getting the UK's biggest awarding organisation didn’t start with the synthesis of Edexcel in 1996. It began as long ago as 1836, whenever a royal charter gave the University of London its very first powers to perform exams and confer levels on its students.

Pearson tends to make public commitment to efficacy

In November 2013, Pearson launched a few special commitments made to measure while increasing the business’s effect on discovering effects across the world.

Pearson creates new international framework

In May 2013, Pearson revealed a fresh framework incorporating its separate knowledge businesses, Pearson Overseas and Pearson North America into one Pearson organization organised around three worldwide lines of company – class, Higher Education and Professional.

Pearson acquires EDI

In June 2011, Pearson acquired EDI, a number one provider of work-based learning qualifications for business and commerce in britain and globally, incorporating the LCCI and EDI companies to the Pearson skills family.

Pearson acquires Edexcel

Pearson acquired a 75per cent share in Edexcel, before taking within the remaining 25% in 2005.

Edexcel formed

Edexcel was created by the merger of this Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC) and London Examinations (ULEAC), which administered GCSEs and a levels. London exams’ heritage stretched right back, through a few mergers of exams boards, into University of London Extension Board founded in 1902.

Two-tier system of O levels and CSEs replaced with GCSEs in britain

This modification generated brand-new local consortia becoming created for GCSEs, as CSEs and O levels had formerly already been administered by different exam boards.

Company Knowledge Council (BEC) created

The Business Education Council (BEC) ended up being founded to rationalise and improve relevance of sub-degree vocational education in FE and HE universities plus polytechnics.
Within 18 months, BEC took over responsibility for ONCs, ONDs, HNCs and HNDs.

Technician Knowledge Council (TEC) created

The Technician Education Council (TEC) is made to unify technical (vocational) education. TEC fundamentally took over the validation of classes in further and advanced schooling.
These classes generated Ordinary nationwide Diplomas (ONDs) and Higher nationwide Certificates and Diplomas (HNC/Ds), that have been previously the responsibility of expert systems.

Certificate of additional knowledge (CSE) introduced

The certification of additional Education (CSE) was introduced in 1965 if the British government realised that large numbers of pupils had been leaving school without the skills.

Geared towards the 80percent of 16-year-old pupils who were perhaps not learning O levels, CSEs were administered on an area basis with local panels that had been detached from universities.

General Certificate of Education (GCE) replaces the School Certificate and Higher class Certificate.

The latest GCE qualification was put into two amounts: ordinary (O amounts) and advanced (an amounts).

School Certification and Higher Class Certificate introduced

1st nationwide skills for The united kingdomt, Wales and Northern Ireland were introduced. The institution Certificate ended up being taken at 16 in addition to greater class Certificate at 18. Exam panels had previously supplied their particular qualifications.

See also:
  • read this post
6 - Crane Regional Technology Council - CEO Program by
6 - Crane Regional Technology Council - CEO Program by ...
Australia Africa Business council
Australia Africa Business council
Pittsburgh Technology Council: Get Smarter Episode 1
Pittsburgh Technology Council: Get Smarter Episode 1
Share this Post